More rare and coveted of all the colors of mohair, this rich natural brown rug demands attention. Deep, browns, tans, grays, whites, and silvers boast a unique texture due to the technique of weaving with handspun yarn.
As a certified mohair inspector, Angela has also been the recipent of "Best in Show" at the Estes Park show, and produces only the best yarn for her work. The prestige and unsurpassed quality has been woven throughout this rug with hours of careful planning and attention to detail.
These rugs are a paradoxal combination of luxury and durability. Angela's rugs are meant to withstand the test of time either as a rug underneath your feet or as a piece of Idaho art displayed on your wall. The rugs are washable and care instructions are included.
This rug is a runner size, measuring 32" x 41" of the finest handspun mohair yarn. All of Angela's weaving is done on a heirloom quality Swedish loom that has its own dedicated room in their home.
This particular rug is finished with Angela's prefernce of a hemmed edge-her favorite way to trim her rugs. The hemmed edge holds up well to daily use and is mixed with silk fiber-those tiny white specks in the hem are the silk fibers!
What makes this fiber so special, so sought after?
- Mohair is the most luxurious goat hair fiber, similar to cashmere in it's quality and desirablility.
- Angela's family farm is known for their rare, and coveted, colored angora goats producing prized, naturally colored mohair.
- The mohair has no barbs (unlike a sheep's wool), so it has a luster that reflects light in the most beautiful ways.
- Angora goats are extremely high maintenance and require expert husbandry skills to maintain the herd.
- The goats are shorn only twice a year. The shearing is not a pelt or fleece like a sheep, but instead, the angora goats produce stunningly soft, long ringlet tendrils that must be taken at a specific length-no shorter, no longer.
Mohair Rug, Natural Brown
- Measures a generous 32" x 41"
- Weighs 4 lbs.
- Natural brown
- Handspun yarn with a mohair/silk blend hem
- To view this item outside of store hours, please contact us to schedule an appointment and visit in person.